The Department of Critical Care Medicine at Aster Hospital Mankhool includes a team of licensed professionals with certified superspeciality degree in Critical Care who deliver optimal and com-passionate care to all critically ill patients.
Patients requiring Critical Care may require support for sepsis and septic shock, hemodynamic instability, airway compromise or respiratory distress (such as ventilator support), acute kidney injury, potentially lethal cardiac arrhythmias, or the cumulative effects of multiple organ dysfunction syndrome (MODS). They may also be admitted for high dependency monitoring, such as the crucial hours after major surgery when deemed too unstable to transfer to a less intensively monitored unit.
The Critical Care Medicine department at Aster Hospital Mankhool offers the following services:
• Admission of critically ill patients under the Department of Critical Care Medicine for early resuscitation and stabilization
• Mechanical Ventilation – Invasive and non-invasive
• Hemodynamically guided therapeutic interventions
• Ultrasound guided assessment and interventions
• Full extent evaluation and management of the patients
• Outreach services with critical care cross consults for all clinical specialties are being provided
• Special Critical Care Clinics (OPD) – for second opinions, prognostication and possible outcomes, for possible transfer to Aster Hospital ICU, Post-tracheostomy care, Weaning from prolonged mechanical ventilation, Parenteral/enteral nutrition, admission and discharge criteria.