PATIENT RIGHTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Rights of the Patient :
- Right to considerate and respectful care.
- Right to information on diagnosis, treatment and medicines.
- Right to obtain all the relevant information about the professionals involved in the patient care.
- Right to expect that all the communications and records pertaining to his/her case be treated as confidential
- Right to every consideration of his/her privacy concerning his/her medical care programme.
- Right to expect prompt treatment in an emergency
- Right to refuse to participate in human experimentation, research, project affecting his/her care or treatment.
- Right to get copies of medical records
- Right to know what hospital rules and regulations apply to him/her as a patient and the facilities obtainable to the patient.
- Right to get details of the bill.
- Right to seek second opinion about his/her disease, treatment,etc.
Responsibilities of Patients :
- To faithfully undergo the agreed therapy.
- To follow the doctors instructions diligently.
- To take necessary preventive measures in case of infectious diseases as per the doctors instructions.
- To be aware that doctors and nurses are also human beings and are amenable to mistakes and lapses.
- To make the payment for the treatment, wherever applicable, to the doctors/hospital promptly.
- To respect the autonomy of the doctors and nurses.
- To treat doctors and nurses with respect.
- To be punctual to attend the clinics/hospital/dispensary for the treatment at the given time.
- To preserve all the records of one’s illness.
- To keep the doctor informed if the patient wants to change the hospital/doctor.