- CARDIAC SCIENCES
- CARDIOVASCULAR & THORACIC SURGERY
- CRITICAL CARE
- GENERAL MEDICINE
- GENERAL SURGERY
- GYNAECOLOGY & OBSTETRICS
- Interventional Cardiology
- INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY
- PLASTIC SURGERY
- RESPIRATORY MEDICINE
- SURGICAL & MEDICAL ONCOLOGY
Physiotherapy is a health care profession with an emphasis on the use of physical approaches for the promotion of health and the prevention, treatment and management of disease and disability. It is the fourth largest healthcare profession in the world and addresses problems with movement, dysfunction and pain. These can arise from musculoskeletal, neurological, respiratory, and chronic disability conditions, or from mental illness and intellectual impairment.
Our team of trained professionals in the Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Department emphasizes on the patient’s day-to-day functioning and enhancing their quality of life. Our goal is to design a unique programme for recovery, health and wellness that fits each patient’s needs.
Patient education being such an important part of delivering medical and service excellence, our therapists incorporate patient education in the daily rehabilitation of patients.
As with education, the department is committed to excellence in research as we believe that clinical care must be proven effective through scientific study. The goal of the rehabilitation team is to help patients achieve optimal recovery of function and movement, and enhance the overall quality of life through:
1. Promotion of fitness and healthcare
2. Prevention of disabilities
3. Identifying causes for dysfunction (like pain, muscle tightness
4. Treatment and rehabilitation of dysfunctions
5. Maximizing independence in activities of daily living.
Our department provides following facilities:
- Orthopedic rehabilitation
- Pain care clinic
- Traumatic rehabilitation unit
- Brain and spinal cord injury rehabilitation
- Intensive care physiotherapy unit
- Elderly Care
- Fitness programe and lifestyle management
- Sports Injuries rehabilitation
- Women’s Health
- Home Modification & Assistive Devices
The ultramodern equipments in the service of the patients are:
- Shortwave diathermy (S.W.D.)
- Infra-red rays
- Faradic – galvanic stimulation
- Paraffin Wax-bath
- Laser therapy
- Interferential therapy T.E.N.S.
- Ultra sound therapy
- C.P.M. (Conations passive movement for knee)
- Moist Heart therapy
- Lumbar traction unit
- Cervical traction unit
Exercise therapy equipments:
- Rope and Pulley
- Shoulder wheel
- Wrist roller
- Pronator supinator
- Suspension Exercise unit
- Static Cycle
- Pedo cycle
- Hip exerciser
- Parallel bars for gait training
- Quadriceps table
- Balancing board
1. To the establishment of the highest quality service, which is sensitive to the needs of the individual, the hospital and the community and which, demands of staff a level of expertise and skill commensurate with the highest standards of the profession.
2. To the cultivation of an environment, which fosters and stimulates a spirit of enquiry and analysis, creating a service, which is dynamic, effective and appropriate.
3. To enable patients to achieve the highest quality of life, which their condition allows, by educating and encouraging patient participation in care management and by ensuring that the formulation of care plans encompasses both the social and environmental factors.
4 . To the promotion and support of continuing professional development, education and research at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.